Happy New Year.

Happy New Year, and what better way to begin than with some lucky white heather?

Every January I tell myself I am going to do something different during the year. Usually I get to September/October, with nothing having been done and I decide it is too late to start for that year, but promise to get down to things once another new year is upon us.  Will this year be any different?

Possibly not, but I do have some incentive. I have a new publisher for my next novel, which is due out around October - a dark fantasy/horror set during an Arts Festival on a remote Scottish island. (Not sure where I get my inspirations from). I have a marketing guru friend who tells me the best time to begin marketing a book is before it is written, so I've missed the boat on that one, but I am already thinking up a strategy. Visiting the States isn't quite on the schedule, although perhaps Helmsdale, Auchterarder and Monrose. You may find some little snippets of the story find their way into a few of this year's blogs.

If any blog reader would like to read the story in advance with a view to writing a review or leaving a comment that can be used for advertising purposes, let me know.

I am also hoping to improve my German this year, attend an organ summer school and sort out my garden. There may even be another Marna Mystery Series book in the pipeline.

On a final note, I am always looking for contributors to the blog, so please do get in touch if you have something you want to write.

Hope everyone has a magnificent and prosperous 2024.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Literary Skulduggery from Shetland, courtesy of poet Chris Tait

Irish Folklore by Nina Oram

Saving Private Diaries by Orkney Scriever Alison Miller